As an app developer, you want your work to be discovered by as many people as possible all over the globe. This can be quite a challenge; there are many platforms that include Android, iOS and Windows and they are each popular in their own right. In order to stand out from the crowd, your marketing efforts should pay off, and this is why you should plan ahead. Most app developers do not know how to begin marketing their work, but with these handy tips, you can easily increase your exposure to the world.
Prior to Launching Your New App
Before you launch your app, you need to have a solid marketing strategy in mind. You need to be aware of who your target market is, and where you will be able to find them. In addition to this, you need to choose appropriate keywords, by using words that will describe what the app do, and for the market you are targeting. Make a list of the specific keywords and phrases that you feel accurately describes your work and go from there. Think about how you will describe your app to a customer, or to a new user.
- Make sure that you choose a good and descriptive name for your app. This is very important and it can make the difference between a successful app, and one that no one knows about. You need to draw attention to your work, but also be professional and accurately describe your product.
- Choose the correct category to list your app under. This is essential because people need to find what they are searching for. Make sure that you choose the best and most descriptive category available.
Once you have the basics in place, you are ready to launch your new app and share it with the world. With adequate preparation, you significantly increase your chances on success and you will pave the way for future launches or even business opportunities for yourself.
After Your App’s Launch
Now you can start to promote your app. This can be done in various ways, usually starting with organic efforts like writing reviews and having it published on popular blogs and review sites. If you can you’re your app mentioned on blogs, you will automatically increase your exposure, and increase your search results. Make sure that you focus on the correct keywords when describing your appl.
- Share the news of your new launch. You can share this with friends and business contacts, so that they can spread the word. Ask them to mention it on their social media profiles, and make sure you mention it on yours too – with a link to a review, product page, or blog post.
- Encourage new users to review your app. Ask them to review and share this on your blog, or have them post it on theirs. They can write a review on your Facebook page, or mention it on their own profile; they can share their positive thoughts on other platforms too, like Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Remember, a great landing page is essential. Always make sure that it is mobile friendly to accommodate that ever growing part of the market as well.
These are just a few great ideas that will help you to get your marketing strategy started. Always be consistent, and make use of your business and personal contacts. The more shares, likes, reviews, and referrals you get, the better your chances on success!