- Blog comments. Of course, one of the easiest and most popular ways to get extra traffic to your blog – to comment on other blogs. Unfortunately, this method has recently been increasingly used by spammers, so many bloggers have had to take action against it. Many of them have completely removed the form for comment. So wisely approach the comments – give good advices, take part in discussions, make relevant and personalized comments. Comment like “I like your post! Come to my site www. abc. com” is likely to be removed by the moderator.
- Social networks. Second place, where you can “promote your blog” is the social network. There are, probably, three different activities that depend on the goals you want to achieve – promote your blog, create good reputation and find your audience. The first way is promoting a good profile on social networks. Sometimes you can indirectly and casually mention your main blog in some articles.
Actively use all social media platforms that exist, ranging from Twitter and ending with Flickr. In this case, I also suggest paying attention to social bookmarking sites where you can also leave a link back.
Also, do not forget to interact with your subscribers, answer their questions and comments. This way you will earn your faithful and loyal audience that will not mind to help you with promotion on social networks.
- Guest posts. A very effective way to get additional quality traffic to your site is to organize guest post exchange. This method is very simple – you create quality content for the blog with good quality traffic, and in return you get a link to your site. Of course, every blog has different requirements for the quality and volume of articles, the type of link and many other nuances.
- Search engines. For each project, including the blog, search engine traffic is one of the key sources of visitors. In order to enhance the reputation of your site in search engines you need to know the basics of SEO. For WordPress users, I can recommend All in One SEO Pack plugin, which I personally tested and which helped me to optimize content for search engines.
- Promotions and contests. One of the most effective ways is to take part in one of the contests that you can find on the internet. Usually for participation in competition enough to put a link to it or mention about the contest in your blog. But, in return, you can get not only mention about your blog and new readers, but also money (or gift)!
- Major Blog Promotion Mistakes to Avoid
- How to Optimize Your Business Blog for the Search Engines
- 4 benefits of allowing guest posting on your site
- Tips to enhance your SEO
- Blog SEO: 6 Tips for Getting Noticed by the Search Engines