NTFS (Windows NT File System) is well-known for its remarkable performance and reliability. A volume that is formatted with NTFS usually stores a set of critical metadata files, such as Master File Table, $Bitmap, $LogFile, etc. These files provide information about all files and folders present on that specific volume. However, you may occasionally face problems while using your NTFS volume. This generally happens due to some corruption in the underlying file system. The NTFS volume is capable of resolving minor corruption issues. However, in case of severe corruption, all your valuable drive data becomes completely inaccessible. To overcome this problem, you need to go for NTFS Data recovery through a reliable third-party utility.
Consider a practical scenario wherein, you try to boot your Windows XP based machine and receive the following error message on your screen:
Let us discuss the causes responsible for this error:
- The primary reason behind this error is damage to the NTFS file system
- Other reasons include physical damage to the hard disk or damaged SCSI (Small Computer
System Interface) or IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) drivers
You should follow any of the given methods to fix the issue:
- Examine the Event viewer to get significant information about problems concerning SCSI,
FASTFAT, or Autochk. This will help to identify the damaged device or driver causing the
- Run Chkdsk/r to detect and resolve any file system structural damage.
- Try to disable the virus scanning programs, disk defragmenter tools, or backup programs that
are constantly monitoring your computer.
- Run hardware diagnostic tool provided by your computer manufacturer.
If you continue to face more problems, format your hard drive and reinstall the operating system. This process will erase all precious data from the drive. In such circumstances, you should take help of professional NTFS partition recovery software. These partition recovery tools can easily recover all lost, deleted, or formatted data from NTFS and FAT partitions. Some of them also include a feature to perform ‘quick scan’ and search for lost or accidentally deleted drive/volume.
Such a recovery software is an adroit tool that performs close recovery of all your vital files, folders,. documents, photos, videos, songs, emails, databases, etc. form any Windows-based system. The software supports recovery from internal/external hard disks, USB drives, memory cards etc. Furthermore, it is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, and NT4 (SP6).
- How to Recover deleted NTFS Partition
- Do not be worried for the damaged CD or DVD disc – Powerful utilities are there to recover the data back from them
- Features of File Recovery Software To Recover MS Office Doc Files
- A small analysis on file system corruption in Mac and possible ways to perform Mac hard drive recovery
- Hard Disk Drive Failure and Data Recovery