Android is one of the most popular operating systems for mobile devices out there. With the only other serious competitor being Apple’s iOS, it’s difficult to say otherwise. Being perhaps the most popular operating system out there, there are a ton of phones currently running it. With such a huge selection of phones running Android, how can you pick the best one? Well, in an effort to make the choice easier on you, I’ve put together a list of the five best Android phones out there right now.
- Samsung Galaxy SII, Epic 4G Touch Perhaps the longest name for a phone in the history of phones, the Samsung Galaxy SII, Epic 4G is probably the best Android phone on the market currently. Even though this phone came out quite a few months ago, it’s still at the front of the line in terms of quality and power. Even if someone thinks another phone that is newer is better than this, you can get this for much cheaper due to its age. With a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 4.52 inch super AMOLED screen and one gig of RAM, you can do any activity you can think of with ease. You might think the battery life is abysmal, but it’s actually one of the best rated phones in this category.
- DROID RAZR This is the phone that may have the Galaxy SII’s number. Since this is the newest Android phone to come, it makes sense that it might be the best. Some might remember the craze that the original RAZR created, but this is far from that ancient hardware. The only thing this phone borrowed from its predecessor was the name, because everything else has been completely changed, and for the better. Similar to the Galaxy SII, the RAZR has a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 gig of RAM, but its screen is slightly smaller coming in at 4.3 inches. Other than that, not much is different. The RAZR also costs 100 bucks more than the Galaxy SII if you’re getting a contract, so that is why I said it MAY be better. Still, pretty excellent phone. You can even connect it to your Queens used cars and use it while driving.
- Motorola Atrix 2 This phone is only $99 if you sign up for a two-year contract! You a 1.0 GHz dual-core processor and 1 gig of RAM, which seems to be the standard so far amongst the high contenders. Considering the level of power you get with this phone, it’s tough to be the really cheap price when you grab a contract. The screen is also 4.3 inches is of the qHD variety, so you’re getting a quality image as well. Don’t think you’re getting a piece of junk because of the price, because this phone is the real deal.
- DROID BIONIC This poor phone would have been the best phone on the market if it didn’t get delayed so many times. It was hyped to be the best phone for quite some time. But after several delays, it got dropped onto the market as “just another dual-core phone.” While it’s still a fantastic phone, it should have been mythically good. The 1.0 GHz dual-core processor and 1 gig of RAM give it plenty of juice to be a powerhouse, and the 4.3 inch qHD display is definitely pretty, but it should have been better.
That said, it’s still one of the best Android phones out there, no matter when the thing came out. For 250 bucks with a two-year contract, you can pick this up.
- HT C EVO 3D This phone was released way back in June, but it is still a serious contender. What makes it even better is that you can get a 1.2 GHz dual-core phone with 1gig of RAM used for about 150 bucks. If you’ve been hanging onto a fossil of a phone for way too long, this is probably the phone for you if you’re budget-minded. If you’re interested in a quick phone but don’t really feel like spending 300 bucks and getting stuck in a contract, you’ll be in heaven with this.
With so many Android phones out there, you need some guidance, especially if you have no idea what you’re looking for. I guarantee you’ll be happy with whichever one of these phones you choose.