Are you a passionate photographer? Well, I am not and obviously most of us are not, but we do love photography and the priceless photograph clicked reminds us of the glorious time spent around with someone close to heart. I can bet, like my Mac drive, your system too is flooded with huge stock of photographs including your personal and professional events like birthdays, school/college excursions, family album, a toddlers first steps and of course your first date. It won’t be wrong to judge that these photographs are not just a piece of papers but they occupy great amount space in your heart and each of them describes whole lot of feelings attached with you. But wait a second, have you ever thought of loosing almost every piece of those moments. I know for us, it’s a nightmare no one wishes to face in the entire life-cycle. In fact, no one would imagine such a disaster in his or her dreams.
But my dear friends, reality is bit harsh and there is no doubt that due to some logical or physical reasons you might even reach a point of loosing everything from your storage devices like Mac hard drives, USBs, iPods, digital cameras and memory sticks. The loss of priceless photographs can lead to emotional outburst, lack of trust and loss of reputation. And, mostly people after facing a major data loss blame their destiny or curse their machine for not handling the data properly.
Whom to blame is a matter of no discussion here, what really makes a difference is the user having appropriate knowledge regarding the kind of data loss and about data recovery tools available for Mac OS X hard drives and volumes.
Let’s summarize the common possible reasons for a photo loss from Mac or any other storage media
- A user unintentionally formats the volume, drive or the memory card which contains media files like personal photographs, videos and music.
- The memory card is ejected improperly from the system or digital camera.
- User wiped the files haphazardly.
- File system corruption.
- Read or Write disk error.
- Without warning the camera is turned off even when the data is being written onto the card.
- Virus and malware threat.
P.S. – To ensure proper recovery of the lost or deleted photographs from a formatted media, please make sure that you immediately stop using the media further. This prevents overwriting of the disk and helps in recovering almost each and every file.
To do easy photo recovery on Mac OS X volumes, users can download the free demo version of Stellar Phoenix Mac Photo Recovery software which will generate preview of all the lost images, photographs, music and video files that can be recovered by the software. And, to recover all the recoverable files the user must purchase it.
Features & Advantage of photo recovery software for Mac OS X
- Supports various image file types like JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD, GIF, PSP, INDD, JP2 and many.
- Recovers audio files like MP3, RPS, AU, MIDI, OGG, WAV, AIFF, WMA, M4P, RM, RA and M4A
- Generates preview of scanned files which help in performing selective recovery. Helpful in saving user’s valuable time.
Easily recovers video files types like ASF, MP4, MOV, AVI, M4V, MPEG, 3GP, OGM, DV, MKV, 3G2, DIVX, M4B, ASX, VOB, MTS, MOI and WMV.
- Perform photo and media recovery from famous digital Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Kodak, Minolta, Sigma, Olympus, Fuji, Epson, Panasonic and Mamiya
- User can easily build an image of the volume, drive or other storage media, and later restore data from the image file.
Conclusion – Priced at US$ 39, a photo recovery software for Mac OS X is a handy and must have tool for any Mac users, photographers or non-photographers. With the launch of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software 5.0, photo recovery software is made more interactive and robust with upto 30% faster scan engine which produces excellent recovery results from any Mac supported storage media.