Looking to start a new career as a professional blogger or are you simply looking for a place to share your ideas? Creating your own blog is the perfect answer, but finding the right blog software for your needs has never been easy. To make finding the right blog software a little easier on even the newest bloggers, we have compiled a list of a few key features to look for when searching for new blog software.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a very important part of all blogs, because in most cases, it is the driving forces behind having new people visit your blog. Since SEO is such an important factor for traffic, it is important to research what tools are available on the blog software you are interested in using. Tools like permalink, traffic statistics, link notifications, and RSS feeds (often called Really Simple Syndication) are all important SEO features to look for when choosing blog software that will fit your needs.
While cost may seem trivial, there is a wide variety of blog software that range from free to upwards of $250. While most free blog software options have plenty of tools for new and novice bloggers, companies and professional bloggers looking for a customizable site to stand out should check out the demos of some of the more expensive products.
Author tools are features blog software provides to authors to use when posting new content. Here is a list of a few features to look for when looking for blog software:
- Widgets: This feature allows authors to embed widgets on their site for their visitors to use.
- Video: Allows for the addition of videos to posts.
- Spell Check: Allows authors to spell check their work using the post tool.
- Post Preview: See a mock up of what a post will look like before making it live for readers to see.
- Polls: Allows authors to post polls to gather consensus information from their visitors on different subjects.
With a little research, finding the right blog software doesn’t have to be a hassle and with blog software comparisons available, it has become easier than ever before.